This is the flag, that animal in the middle, apart from simply being awesome, is a Crested Crane, the national bird of Uganda. The red stands for blood, the brotherhood of all Ugandans & Africans, the black is for the skin, and the yellow is the sunshine.
Looking at the numbers for Uganda can give you a better frame of reference to understand this small East African country.
- The population is 33,398,682, but is the fastest growing in the world. It is expected to top 103 million by 2050
- 50% of the population is under the age of 14
- The life expectancy is 53 years old
- HIV/Aids prevalence is 7.3%
- The literacy rate is 67%
- 84% of the population is Christian (42% Roman Catholic, 36% Protestant, 6% Evangelical & Pentacostal) 12% is Muslim, and the remainder are divided among traditional religions and others.